By Gary M. Feinman,Linda Manzanilla
Read or Download Cultural Evolution: Contemporary Viewpoints PDF
Similar archaeology books
Rock-art - the traditional photographs which nonetheless scatter the rocky landscapes of Europe - is a novel type of archaeological proof. fastened in position, it doesn't stream approximately as artefacts as exchange items do. Enigmatic in its which means, it uniquely deals an immediate checklist of ways prehistoric Europeans observed and anticipated their very own worlds.
The new trouble on this planet of antiquities accumulating has triggered students and most people to pay extra awareness than ever earlier than to the archaeological findspots and accumulating histories of historical artistic endeavors. This new scrutiny is utilized to works presently out there in addition to to these got due to the fact that (and regardless of) the 1970 UNESCO conference, which aimed to avoid the trafficking in cultural estate.
The botanical background of england and North West Europe has a depressing and a mild part. vegetation were used as guns to hurt humans, taken intentionally as addictive medicinal drugs and likewise hired as instruments in witchcraft and used as magical amulets. but a lot of those comparable crops were medicinally important to various ecu groups; because the writer notes, usually the one distinction among a benevolent medication and a poison is dosage.
Seefahrer – nach wie vor geht von diesem Wort eine besondere Faszination aus. Das Individuum und das Meer, die Herausforderung und der Kampf, die oftmals romantischen Vorstellungen von Seeschlachten und Entdeckerleben, von Piraten und Meuterern, von heroischen Kapitänen und einsamen Seeleuten, letztlich aber auch die Entdeckung neuer Horizonte sind nur einige der Bilder, die sofort vor dem geistigen Auge entstehen.
- The Archaeology and Anthropology of Landscape: Shaping Your Landscape (One World Archaeology)
- In Search of Vikings: Interdisciplinary Approaches to the Scandinavian Heritage of North-West England
- Elements of Architecture: Assembling archaeology, atmosphere and the performance of building spaces (Archaeological Orientations)
- Ancestors and Elites: Emergent Complexity and Ritual Practices in the Casas Grandes Polity (Archaeology of Religion)
- Prehistoric Hunter-Gatherers of the High Plains and Rockies: Third Edition
Additional resources for Cultural Evolution: Contemporary Viewpoints