By Leslie Brubaker,John Haldon
Read Online or Download Byzantium in the Iconoclast Era (ca 680–850): The Sources: An Annotated Survey (Birmingham Byzantine and Ottoman Studies) PDF
Best archaeology books
Rock-art - the traditional pictures which nonetheless scatter the rocky landscapes of Europe - is a novel type of archaeological proof. mounted in position, it doesn't circulate approximately as artefacts as alternate items do. Enigmatic in its that means, it uniquely bargains a right away list of ways prehistoric Europeans observed and predicted their very own worlds.
The hot quandary on this planet of antiquities accumulating has triggered students and most of the people to pay extra recognition than ever ahead of to the archaeological findspots and amassing histories of historical works of art. This new scrutiny is utilized to works presently out there in addition to to these bought because (and regardless of) the 1970 UNESCO conference, which aimed to avoid the trafficking in cultural estate.
The botanical historical past of england and North West Europe has a gloomy and a gentle aspect. crops were used as guns to hurt humans, taken intentionally as addictive medications and in addition hired as instruments in witchcraft and used as magical amulets. but a lot of those comparable crops were medicinally important to various ecu groups; because the writer notes, often the single distinction among a benevolent medication and a poison is dosage.
Seefahrer – nach wie vor geht von diesem Wort eine besondere Faszination aus. Das Individuum und das Meer, die Herausforderung und der Kampf, die oftmals romantischen Vorstellungen von Seeschlachten und Entdeckerleben, von Piraten und Meuterern, von heroischen Kapitänen und einsamen Seeleuten, letztlich aber auch die Entdeckung neuer Horizonte sind nur einige der Bilder, die sofort vor dem geistigen Auge entstehen.
- The World's Oldest Church: Bible, Art, and Ritual at Dura-Europos, Syria (Synkrisis)
- Prehistoric Britain: The Ceramic Basis (Prehistoric Ceramics Research Group Occasional Publication 3)
- Early Mesoamerican Social Transformations: Archaic and Formative Lifeways in the Soconusco Region
- Global Heritage Assemblages: Development and Modern Architecture in Africa (Routledge Studies in Culture and Development)
- Vikingatidens Västergarn: En komplicerad historia (Swedish Edition)
- Archaeological Research: A Brief Introduction
Additional resources for Byzantium in the Iconoclast Era (ca 680–850): The Sources: An Annotated Survey (Birmingham Byzantine and Ottoman Studies)