By Marie-Louise Nosch,C. Gillis,Marie-louise B. Nosch
Read Online or Download Ancient Textiles: Production, Crafts and Society (ANCIENT TEXTILES SERIES) PDF
Similar archaeology books
Rock-art - the traditional pictures which nonetheless scatter the rocky landscapes of Europe - is a unique type of archaeological proof. mounted in position, it doesn't circulate approximately as artefacts as exchange gadgets do. Enigmatic in its that means, it uniquely deals a right away checklist of the way prehistoric Europeans observed and predicted their very own worlds.
The new challenge on this planet of antiquities amassing has caused students and most people to pay extra awareness than ever earlier than to the archaeological findspots and amassing histories of historic artistic endeavors. This new scrutiny is utilized to works at the moment out there in addition to to these bought considering the fact that (and regardless of) the 1970 UNESCO conference, which aimed to avoid the trafficking in cultural estate.
The botanical historical past of england and North West Europe has a depressing and a gentle aspect. vegetation were used as guns to hurt humans, taken intentionally as addictive medications and likewise hired as instruments in witchcraft and used as magical amulets. but a lot of those similar vegetation were medicinally important to various ecu groups; because the writer notes, often the single distinction among a benevolent medication and a poison is dosage.
Seefahrer – nach wie vor geht von diesem Wort eine besondere Faszination aus. Das Individuum und das Meer, die Herausforderung und der Kampf, die oftmals romantischen Vorstellungen von Seeschlachten und Entdeckerleben, von Piraten und Meuterern, von heroischen Kapitänen und einsamen Seeleuten, letztlich aber auch die Entdeckung neuer Horizonte sind nur einige der Bilder, die sofort vor dem geistigen Auge entstehen.
- Cultural Resource Management in Contemporary Society: Perspectives on Managing and Presenting the Past (One World Archaeology)
- Eastern Turkey: An Architectural & Archaeological Survey, Volume IV: An Architectural and Archaeological Survey: 4
- Excavating Modernity: The Roman Past in Fascist Italy
- Excavations in Iona 1964 to 1974 (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications)
- Community and Identity in Ancient Egypt: The Old Kingdom Cemetery at Qubbet el-Hawa
- The Evolution of Human Populations in Arabia: Paleoenvironments, Prehistory and Genetics (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology)
Additional resources for Ancient Textiles: Production, Crafts and Society (ANCIENT TEXTILES SERIES)