By Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn
- a considerate evaluate and research of the general public overall healthiness examine at the position of bisexual males in HIV transmission
- a research of the marital effects of a husband's bisexuality, together with who've stayed jointly
- an research of the heartfelt discussions happening in an internet bi-male group
- an empirical examine of the ways in which bi-negativity differs from homophobia
- an essay bringing jointly queer concept and social constructionist rules to provide an explanation for why bisexual males are less noticeable than bisexual women
The conscientiously analytical but available essays during this quantity supply new details and views approximately male bisexuality. Bisexuality within the Lives of guys is a necessary source for an individual attracted to the theoretical, political, and cultural problems with male bisexuality.
Read or Download Bisexuality in the Lives of Men: Facts and Fictions PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Appears may be deceiving, and in a society the place one's prestige and entry to chance are principally attendant on actual visual appeal, the difficulty of the way distinction is built and interpreted, embraced or effaced, is of super import. Lisa Walker examines this factor with a spotlight at the questions of what it capacity to seem like a lesbian, and what it potential to be a lesbian yet to not seem like one.
Throughout scholarship on gender and sexuality, binaries like girl as opposed to male and homosexual as opposed to directly were problematized as a logo of the stigmatization and erasure of non-normative matters and practices. The chapters in Queer tours provide a sequence of exact views on those binaries, in addition to on a couple of different, much less instantly obvious dichotomies that however permeate the gendered and sexual lives of audio system.
Meet Jesus as a homosexual guy of this present day in a latest urban with the eagerness of Christ: A homosexual imaginative and prescient. In gorgeous new photographs, the fashionable Christ determine is jeered by way of fundamentalists, tortured by way of Marine look-alikes, and rises back to get pleasure from homoerotic moments with God. His strangely different associates subscribe to him on a trip from anguish to freedom.
The performs during this quantity, written by means of males (some of whom are the main celebrated playwrights) who have been of their overdue twenties and early thirties, verify youth as topics lively in same-sex relationships. Sexual identification is necessary to the younger males of their performs, in nice half simply because they have to outline themselves opposed to the unfairness and sanctions of family members and social associations.
- Handbook of the New Sexuality Studies (Routledge International Handbooks)
- No Future: Queer Theory and the Death Drive (Series Q)
- A Critical Inquiry into Queer Utopias (Critical Studies in Gender, Sexuality, and Culture)
- Transgender Emergence: Therapeutic Guidelines for Working with Gender-Variant People and Their Families (Haworth Marriage and the Family)
- After Marriage Equality: The Future of LGBT Rights
Additional info for Bisexuality in the Lives of Men: Facts and Fictions